How to Get your Resume Noticed
Getting your resume noticed by potential employers is critical in securing a job interview. Here are some tips to help you get your resume noticed:
Tailor your resume to the job:
- Customize your resume to match the job description and requirements of the position you’re applying for. Use keywords from the job description and highlight your relevant skills and experience.
Use a clean and professional format:
- Make sure your resume is easy to read and has a clear format. Use bullet points, headings, and proper spacing to make your resume visually appealing and organized.
Highlight your achievements:
- Instead of just listing your job duties, focus on your accomplishments and the impact you made in previous roles. Use numbers and metrics to quantify your achievements.
Include relevant education and certifications:
- If you have relevant education or certifications, make sure to include them on your resume.
Proofread and edit:
- Ensure that your resume is free of errors and typos. Have a friend or family member review it as well to get a fresh perspective.
Use keywords for online applications:
- If you’re applying online, use relevant keywords in your resume to increase your chances of being selected by applicant tracking systems (ATS).
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of getting your resume noticed by potential employers and securing a job interview.
Julie Godshall Brown
President, Godshall Recruiting