Tips for Microsoft Teams
Just a day after a statewide quarantine order in 2020, Godshall had to pivot to a new way of working: from home, with company-owned devices, and with all their documents and communication in Microsoft Teams. Below are a few simple troubleshooting tips we hope will help you in your next Teams experience!
Teams allows you to use either on a smart phone, tablet, or computer with a working camera.
If you are using a Smartphone, we have steps below on creating a new account.
- Download the free Microsoft Teams app
- Click Sign In if you already have an account.
- If you do not have an account, click Sign up for free. (Steps may vary depending on type of smart phone)
- If signing up for free, you will want to create an account.
- If using a Samsung device, click the person icon in top right hand corner, + and then No Account? Create one.
- If using an Apple device, select personal or business and then follow prompts.
- Once your account has been created and you are in the app, you should see options at the bottom of your screen: Activity, Chat, Teams, Calendar, and three dots for More.
- If you have an interview scheduled with Godshall, you can either wait for the call to ring in, or go to Calendar, find your interview time, and click Join.
- You will see a preview appear and options for Video, Mic, and Sound. (If your video is not turned on, you will not see a preview.)
- You will need to make sure all of those are on. If there is a diagonal bar over the icon, that means it is off.
If you are using a PC, below are some steps on creating an account.
- Follow this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software
- Click either Sign In or Sign up for free
- If signing up for free, you will need to select for Work/Organizations for it to direct you to the free account. If you select Friends/Family, it directs you to use Skype.
- Once you’ve created an account and are in the Teams app, you should see options on the left side bar: Activity, Chat, Teams, Calendar, Calls, Files and three dots for More.
- If you have an interview with Godshall, you can either wait for the call to come in, or you can go to Calendar, find your interview, and click Join.
- There will be a preview and options for your video, background, mic and other settings to select before joining. In the example below the video is on but the microphone has a line through it indicating it is off:
Stay tuned for more helpful tips as we continue to learn!